Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Creative Process











The creative process is always different for me depending on where my inspiration comes from and is entirely driven by my muse. I don't have any control or say in the matter. My muse starts to crank like a well oiled machine and keeps me creating until I can't see straight anymore. It's an adrenaline rush like no other and it doesn't let up until all the materials are used and the Jewelry is finished.
I sometimes wish that the process was a little less intrusive, because there really is no telling when the idea's are going to come in... it can be at 3am or 4:45 am and I'm laying wide awake with images of designs running through my head like a picture show.
Since I made the move to Hawaii...across the great divide... the "Creative Process" is more intense. It could be the fact that I design in a home totally embraced by Makaha Valley and the energy is very powerful, It's alive and has a very strong pulse.
This is the first time I have documented my experience with the "Creative Process." I wanted to share it with my friends, family and clients. It is a gift that I am truly grateful for. I love what I do... nothing thrills me more than bringing a piece of jewelry to life. A very dear friend once told me that people love my jewelry because I take everything that is good about me and channel that into each piece that I make. I never thought about it like that before because it comes so naturally to me and has for many years...she was absolutely right.
Here is my most recent experience with my muse. Our inspiration is a vision of several mermaids surrounding a treasure chest, they are pulling gem stones and beads out of the chest, trying the jewelry on, admiring themselves in mirrors. Simply divine....

No comments:

Post a Comment